MAIG is LIASA’s Marketing and Advocacy Interest Group. MAIG strives to unite library and information workers interested in marketing and advocacy and wants to exchange new ideas and experiences among members at national and regional workshops, meetings and conferences.
The Marketing and Advocacy Interest Group (MAIG) of LIASA ran a survey from November to January 2017. 59% of LIASA members who completed the survey indicated that they were not familiar with the existence and activities of the Interest Group. MAIG would like to rectify this anomaly by providing LIASA members an opportunity to get to know this Interest Group better, and also update existing members’ details.
We kindly request all LIASA members interested in the topics “Marketing and Advocacy” (and we believe every librarian falls in this category) to please update their membership details by completing our online form. Everyone who updates their details before end of February 2017, will be eligible for a special prize at the MAIG Annual General Meeting during the LIASA conference in October 2017.
The aims and objectives of MAIG is to:
• To support and promote the aims and objectives of LIASA;
• To unite library and information workers interested in marketing and advocating for our profession;
• To provide for the exchange of new ideas and experiences among members;
• To liaise and co-operate with other groups and organizations in the advancement of marketing and advocacy of library and information services in South Africa;
• To advocate for the enhancement and development of LIS in South Africa;
• To advocate for, and address issues which are important to and which affect LIS in South Africa;
• To commit to quality library services, which benefit the users of library and information services in South Africa.